Choosing or Changing a WordPress theme
This will be our guide to help people choose or edit the theme/design of there websites.
The first thing you need to do is login to the admin with a user with correct permissions. This is normally the admin user that was created when the site was installed.
Once you are logged into the WordPress admin you would see the WordPress dashboard which looks like this. Here you need to click on Appearance on the left menu. This opens up a sub menu with themes as an option. Click on this to load the page dealing with themes in the WordPress dashboard.
You then get shown the themes that are currently installed on your site. If there is one you like, all you need to do is click on the active below the theme image to apply it to your site.
If there is not one you like then you click on the Install Themes at the top of the page. This then loads a page where you can choose the search options for you site. These options include
You click on the checkboxes that you wish and then click on the Find Themes button at the bottom of the page. This then searches and gives you choices that match your criteria.
You can then browse these are find one that suits you. Once you have found a suitable theme, you click on the Install Now below the theme of your choice.
You will see that it connects up to the WordPress servers and downloads the theme. It then unpacks (unzips) the theme and installs it onto your site. It does not activate it automatically.
If you are happy with it, click the activate link below the image to apply the theme to your website. Once this is done, go to your websites homepage and you will see a new layout.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)